Making Memories with PhotoPass
So you’re planning your big trip to Disney World, and your On The Road Travel Agent is asking what your goals are for your trip. So you start to ask yourself those questions. For each group, the details are different, and that’s why using a travel agent is so great! We can help you prioritize to get the FastPasses you want, book reservations for your most important meals, and help you find a place to rest and relax. But what’s one thing everyone wants? To capture the memories.
There is no better way to capture the memories of your Walt Disney World Resort vacation than to use Memory Maker and take advantage of PhotoPass opportunities.
What is Memory Maker?
|Joy and Sadness are some of my very favorite characters to meet!|
Memory Maker is a digital photo service that you can purchase for the length of your trip. During your vacation, there are hundreds of PhotoPass locations where your group can get their photos taken by professional photographers. Whether you’re walking down Main Street, visiting the Briar Patch on Splash Mountain, meeting your best pal Mickey, or enjoying a meal with your favorite characters, cast members are ready and available to take your photos - both posed and candid! All you have to do is smile and scan your Magic Band or park ticket, and your photos will be linked to your My Disney Experience account where you can view, download, and share your favorite memories! And with Memory Maker, there’s no need to purchase each individual photo - you get unlimited downloads! There’s no need to fumble with your phone or camera or worry about your battery dying and miss a magical moment between your little ones and their favorite character. It also means that the whole family can be in the photo! Photopass photographers do all the work for you, and you just get to enjoy the memories.
|The manic look of a 22 year old who just heard Mickey talk for the first time|
It’s generally best practice to purchase Memory Maker prior to your upcoming trip to ensure that you are able to link all photos for the duration of your trip. Plus, it’ll save you some money! You are able to purchase Memory Maker to start immediately as well, but it will cost you a bit more. Currently, it is $169 to purchase Memory Maker in advance of your trip (does not include photos taken within 3 days of purchase), while it costs $199 to purchase Memory Maker that begins immediately. That $30 savings can buy Mickey ice cream bars for your family!
You may be wondering, “Do I have to pay for each person in my party?” and the answer is no! You can not only download your own PhotoPass photos, but you can also download those of family and friends who share media with you. Thus, if you’re taking a big group and your vacations are linked through My Disney Experience, you can purchase just one Memory Maker, and download photos for everyone in your travel party! It’s always wise to speak with the Tech Support Team prior to your trip to make sure that everyone is properly linked through the online system.
Be sure to download any and all photos you want to save after your vacation. PhotoPass pictures and videos expire 45 days from the date they were taken and they can no longer be viewed or downloaded after that window passes.
Some things to note about Memory Maker:
- Photos from RunDisney events are included in Memory Maker - Our RunDisney expert, Suzanne, says this is a must if you’re doing a RunDisney event!
- It’s perfect for large groups that are linked through My Disney Experience so everyone can share their photos
- PhotoPass photographers can often add a little magic to your photos! Just ask your photographer if they have any magic shots, and they’ll pose you, sprinkle a little pixie dust, and you can see the magic happen in your My Disney Experience account
- In the MyDisneyExperience App, you can see a map of where all PhotoPass photographers are located. In your app, swipe left until you see PhotoPass along the top of your park map. This will show you pins of where all PhotoPass photographers are, including all rides that include photos!
- PhotoPass photographers take candid photos in addition to your posed shots. Some of the best photos are those interactions with characters before you get lined up for a picture! Some photographers will even get you lined up in just the right spot so when those Storm Troopers march down Hollywood Boulevard, you’re guaranteed a great picture!
- Rainy day? Don’t worry - photographers move to special rainy day locations to capture your special moments.
We would love to see your photos from Memory Maker! Share them with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #TravelWithOnTheRoad
To get Memory Maker added to your package for your next trip, contact your On The Road Travel Agent today!