Reasons to Take a Disney Trip in 2018
It’s a new year, and that means it’s time to plan a new Disney trip, right? Whether it’s California, Florida, or the high seas, there’s plenty to do for young and old alike. We’re so excited about all of the new offerings and celebrations coming to the Disney Parks and resorts this year! We thought now would be a great time to share some of the top reasons to plan a Disney Vacation in 2018!
If you’re a Pixar Fan:
|Photo from Disney Parks Blog|
- Over in Florida, Toy Story Land is opening in Summer 2018 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Guests can look forward to two brand new attractions in this land: Alien Swirling Saucers, and the Slinky Dog Dash. Both are great rides for the whole family!
If you’re a foodie or enjoy shopping:
- The Downtown Disney District at Disneyland resort is expanding this year! The Downtown Disney District will be following in Disney Springs’ footsteps and is opening a Splitsville Luxury Lanes as well as The VOID, a Star Wars themed Virtual Reality experience, and so much more!
- Disney Springs in Florida is also expanding! You can enjoy 8 brand new dining experiences including The Edison, Wine Bar George, and Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante.
If you love Disney Parks Festivals:
- From January 26th-February 18th, the Lunar New Year Festival will be returning to California Adventure. Similar to the Food and Wine Festival, this festival provides the opportunity to try specialty Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese foods, while celebrating the Lunar New Year with a nighttime water show and Mulan’s Lunar New Year Processional!
- There will be even more time for you to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure this year! The festival will be six weeks long (March 2nd-April 12th) this year. Guests can enjoy over 12 different Festival Marketplaces with California-inspired treats and live music, as well as presentations and demonstrations from celebrity chefs!
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts returns for year two on January 12th and will continue through February 19th! This year, you can celebrate the arts every day of the week at Epcot with new and returning activities, food and drink offerings, and of course, artists and performers.
- Over at the Walt Disney World Resort, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will have 90 days to celebrate its 25th Anniversary! The festival will run from February 28th to May 28th and, as always, will provide beautiful topiaries and gardens, as well as delicious bites at 15 Outdoor Kitchens and don’t forget the live music! This year they will also be introducing some fun new kids’ activities while maintaining the ever popular Egg-Stravaganza scavenger hunt.
If you love Disney Cruises:
- The Disney Cruise Line will be expanding their horizons and visiting even more ports abroad! This year, DCL will be making their first ports in Italy, Ireland, Bermuda, and Quebec City while returning to favorite ports in the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska, Europe, Canada, and the Mexican Riviera
- Rapunzel’s Royal Table, the first table service restaurant themed to “Tangled” will debut on the Disney Magic in March! Throughout this themed meal, guests can interact with beloved characters and enjoy live entertainment, and we’re sure there will be excellent treats served in a nice frying pan!
If you’re a Star Wars and Marvel Fan:
- Star Wars and Marvel Days at Sea return to Disney Cruise Line on select cruises from January through April! Be sure to book your trip to sail with these heros through the Caribbean and Bahamas for fun for the whole family! We might have to plan our own trip on one of these cruises to hold us off until Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in 2019!
What are you most looking forward to? We can’t wait to help you plan your next trip! Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and as always, you can contact us via our website!