Coronado Springs Resort
Celebrate the unique blend of Spanish, Mexican, and Southwest American cultures at the newly re-imagined Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. This beautiful lakeside oasis offers classic influences, Disney touches, and modern comforts to energize and inspire as you delight in an array of new features, eateries, and enhancements.
This moderate resort has recently been through an extensive renovation that included room refurbishment, the addition of Villa del Lago, three new bridges to better connect the resort, and the construction of the beautiful and impressive Gran Destino Tower. Returning to the Moderate Resort category, and located in Gran Destino Tower, guests can now enjoy club level benefits at this resort!
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8403
Rooms and Accommodations:
This moderate resort, is large with over 1900 guest rooms. Guest rooms are located in three districts - Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas - or in the brand new Gran Destino Tower.
The Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas are two and three level buildings with exterior doors. The rooms with two queen beds can accommodate up to four guests plus a child under the age of three. Rooms with one king bed can accommodate two guests plus one child under the age of three. There are a variety of suites in the districts that can accommodate 4 to 8 adults.
Rooms located in Gran Destino Tower offer interior doors that open onto beautifully appointed hallways that feature unique works of art. There are standard and water view rooms with king beds (accommodating up to 2 adults plus a child under 3) and two queen beds (accommodating up to 4 adults plus a child under 3). Club access is available in a standard view room with two queens, an executive suite with a king bed and a sleeper sofa, a one bedroom suite, and a presidential suite. The exclusive Chronos Club is a casual yet intimate place to rest, relax, and enjoy light refreshments during your stay. Dedicated Cast Members are on hand to assist with vacation plans and to help you unwind after your day of adventure.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Flat panel TV
- Ironing board and iron
- Hair dryer
- Digital thermostat
- Small safe
Disney’s Magical Express is complimentary between Disney Resorts and the Orlando International Airport. Bussing is provided to all parks and to Disney Springs, with buses departing approximately every 20 minutes.
Minnie Van Service is available through the Lyft App. Disney Cast members operate the Minnie Vans, the vehicles include up to 2 child seats and can accommodate 6 total guests in the Chevy Traverse option. Price varies based on vehicle size.
Taxi, Uber, and Lyft are available for on demand service and at a lower cost than Minnie Vans. Pricing varies based on service, vehicle type, and destination.
If you drive your own car to Disney, or choose to have a rental car during your visit, overnight parking is $20 per night and is paid directly to the resort during your stay.
The Dig Site is the feature pool at Coronado Springs, and is home to the Lost City of Cibola pool and a 123 foot long water slide. There are ample lounge chairs available for guests to enjoy. For those that prefer a quieter experience, there are three leisure pools located throughout the resort.
Guests can enjoy movies under the stars, volleyball, a jogging trail, and a playground. For those adults looking to work out while traveling, the LaVida Health Club offers exercise equipment. Coronado Springs also offers campfire activities and marshmallow roasts. If your kiddos haven’t already had enough fun, they can also play video games, pinball, and more at the Iguana Arcade.
The resort renovation has brought many new dining options to Coronado Springs Resort.
- Maya Grill - Dine in a vibrant atmosphere featuring motifs inspired by the ancient Mayan culture and featuring Tex Mex cuisine.
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill - Watch televised sports at this low-key venue serving a full bar menu along with appetizers and light entrees.
- Toledo Tapas, Steak and Seafood - Rooftop restaurant with indoor dining and an outdoor lounge.
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill - Unique dining opportunity located on an island in the middle of Lago Dorado, accessible by walkways.
- Cafe Rix - Get your snack fix from a selection of pastries and fruits, as well as delicious mousses and gelatos.
- El Mercado de Coronado - Soak up the festive atmosphere at a food court featuring 7 stations of American and Mexican-influenced cuisine. You can refill your resort mug at this quick service location.
- Barcelona Lounge - Savor espresso drinks, pastries and light fare, as well as cocktails, Spanish and California wines and American craft beers at this hybrid bakery-bar inspired by Spain’s coffee and gin culture.
- Dahlia Lounge - Linger over premium wine or signature cocktails in a setting inspired by Spanish surrealism.
- Laguna Bar - Enjoy a drink at this breezy lakeside lounge with a menu of margaritas, sangria, frozen libations, and signature cocktails.
- Poolside snacks and pizza delivery are also available at this resort.
Panchito’s Gifts and Sundries is the spot for you to peruse Disney souvenirs and native crafts. This Three Caballeros themed store is named for the Mexcian charro rooster. In addition to souvenirs, you can also purchase any items you may have forgotten at home, as well as basic groceries. If you use the resort delivery service for purchases in the parks, this is where your items will be awaiting pick up.
- This is a large resort and features multiple bus stops. While it is nice to have stops located throughout the resort, making the loop through the resort does add to your travel time.
- The resort features one of the largest convention centers in the Southeast, so you may spend your vacation with convention attendees.
- Busses are the only Disney transportation option to the parks and Disney Springs from this resort.
- The resort refurbishments and the addition of Gran Destino Tower have really brought this resort to another level. The refurbished rooms in the Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas are a welcome change to the resort, and the tower rooms are some of the nicest on Disney property.
- Gran Destino Tower is stunning - both inside and out. I stayed here in July and can’t wait to go back - it was a wonderful stay!!
- There are some great dining options at the resort - both quick service and table service.
- The pool area is large, well-themed, and features a great slide.
- The addition of the walkways across Lago Dorado have made getting from Point A to Point B so much easier.